martes, 12 de agosto de 2008

People are strange animals (to another blog)


1) Recognition
2) Approximation
3) Conquest
4) Familiarity
5) Friendship
6) Motivational exercise using a mirror - The Wild Moth Inside of You


Dogs obey me; cats like me and even moths trust me. You can go through these six steps with some insects, for example. Most people won't go beyond 4. Step four already bores them too much. They want 1, 2, 3, 4, fuck it all up, buy a new one.

Before you kill an insect, you should remember it might be nobler than you. And attacking something nobler than you makes you even meaner.

If you watch insects for a while you’ll discover wisdom in them (if you have any wisdom in yourself, that is, that could relate to theirs). Most insects, for example, are ignoring people most of the time. If you get close, they’ll just move away. Fly around, and so on... If you don’t like that insect and can’t simply ignore him, you also should think twice before attacking something wiser than you.

Dogs obey me; cats like me and even moths trust me. And I like beautiful lights glowing in the dark. I keep myself pure and innocent, and I like blue lights glowing in the dark. That’s very dangerous, naturally. You can check your wikipedia to verify that angler fishes occur worldwide. Though I learn some wise things with my insect friends – ignoring is sometimes very difficult, though I manage to do it – I do not like angler fishes at all.

They probably look just like a beautiful glowing light to you. And some say they were only a beautiful glowing light, at the beginning. But they let things grow and here’s how they end up looking like, when you can see them:



I also like bees a lot. I’ve had more than one of them friendly walking over me. Bees could attack you anytime, but they won’t. And if they do, they’ll die.

I’ve felt like attacking things nobler than me, when I was younger, but I understood by then I was in the same position of a bee. If you attack something nobler than you, something in you will die. It might be that notgoodenough piece of nobility you still had, you know. If it wasn't good enough, maybe you could have used that nobler thing you attacked to help you grow it. Otherwise, even more and more things will suddenly grow nobler than you too. So before you attack something, you should seriously consider the question: "Am I nobler than what I attack, or is it nobler than me?"



When bees sting me, it’s sad. I don’t even mind the sting itself - dogs obey me; cats like me and even moths trust me, so stings won’t hurt me more than they could hurt the attacker. But I do feel kinda sad because something good will die. And though I’m always prompt to help, when things get to this point I must remember my insect wisdom and just stop writing.

:|

No hay comentarios: